Friday, March 14, 2014

CALYCANTHUS FLORIDUS

This is my first post so when I learn how to post pictures, I have one to share. But for now, I began with this topic only because  I have two lovely pods and some seeds sitting on my desk. And they remind me that they are still in their dormant  winter state, as am I. One would think, as we are all so ready for Spring, that  I would be READY!  But every year, I go into the garden on a yummy warm day and realize that I am already way, way behind! However, hope SPRINGS eternal so I am excited to report that the peas , fava beans and spinach are planted and the crocus and my favorite little tete a tete jonquils are blooming and the quince stems are being forced along with the magnolia soulangiana and the first grape muscari peeked it's lovely blue  bloom out of the ground!

New birth , baby birds ,soft brown earth, and all the wonder of God's green earth, Next week , first day of Spring is my actual  birthday! You will find me most days digging away, always trying to catch up and hopefully grabbing a few minutes to share a bit of the joy that the garden brings. Stop by for a visit! 

No comments:

Post a Comment